The zucchini has all finished. The squash was cut back last week to the last few bits still producing and has now had a new lease on life, it's taken off again with more squash coming through.
I planted a few sage cuttings through the beds last year when we had a rodent problem as it's supposed to discourage them. We haven't had any rodents this year, and the sage plants are now huge and taking over the beds!
The banana capsicum is still producing large quantities of capsicum, which are slowly turning orange and red, and there are many flowers still developing on the plants. I'm very happy with the decision to just plant this variety of capsicum this year.
There is masses of celery in various beds all doing really well. It's even growing in a polystyrene box with hardly any soil and still thriving!
A mixture of seed and seedling brassicas have been planted, with some space for a few more in the coming week or two. This year we are sticking with Purple Sprouting Broccoli for its longevity of season and delicious taste, and trying a few brussels sprouts in their own tub. The brussels got overwhelmed by other vegetables last year and didn't get anywhere, so hopefully we can get a crop this year. We decided that cabbages and cauliflowers take up too much space for too long, are a constant fight against bugs and then ultimately produce too little to bother with in the Country Garden.
This year's crop of basil is the most successful we've ever grown, and it's still doing really well. I've been making heaps of pesto and yet can't keep up with it. It was planted in the tomato beds with marigolds and parsley as companions.
This is our third crop of beans for the season. Not sure if we will get much from them, but there are plenty of flowers, so hopefully if the suns shines for a bit longer there will be some more beans before the season ends.
This bed has had a constant crop of silverbeet and kale since last year. There's also some celery at this end and the second crop of beans hidden behind the silverbeet.
We have been experimenting growing leeks in polystyrene boxes as they take up so much space in the main beds. They don't grow to giants, but as long as they aren't too crowded they are actually doing quite well.
And the sunflowers have now finished so I harvested the flowers to dry off to give to the chickens in the City Garden, although they showed no interest at all when I gave them a few to try...