12 May 2012

Some Blog Loving


I've only been writing this blog for a few months now, and I've been enjoying doing it so much.  I decided to do it as a way of capturing what was happening in the gardens so that I can keep track of timing, seasonal changes,  and decisions made etc.  I thought a few of my friends might be vaguely interested, but didn't really expect much feedback.  But, wow!  As I've developed it I've had regular page views, lots of lovely comments, and the people following it are now beyond my own circle of friends and even own country!

I was really surprised and chuffed last week when Stacey from Domestic Artisan passed on an award to me.  


The Liebster award is given to small blogs (under 200 followers) by fellow bloggers.

The "rules" are:
  • Choose 5 up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to share the love with
  • Show your appreciation to the blogger who awarded you by linking back to them.
  • Post the award on your blog.
  • Link back to the blogs you are awarding so that everyone else can pay them a visit.
These are the blogs that I'd love to pass the Liebster Award on to:

Kathryns Brain: Kathryn breeds alpacas and Tibetan Mastiff dogs in Colorado, and is obviously an amazingly energetic, talented and creative woman.  She was the first person from another country to follow my blog, and I was rapt! 

Zucchini Island: Zucchini Island was the first blog I found that talks about many similar ambitions of food gardening in the suburbs as I have.  I really like reading about Jason's approach to sustainable gardening and food production.  He obviously has quite a scientific mind, and is meticulous where I take a more organic approach.  

The Pink Leopard: I have to confess that Miss T who writes The Pink Leopard blog is a friend of mine, but also a bloody good writer and brilliant cook.  Her blog is really human and personal while still managing to fit in delicious recipes, great reviews and stunning photos.  She's been a great inspiration to me in the blogosphere.

Eight-Acres: I've only recently discovered this blog, and don't think I've left any comments on it yet, so Farmer Liz probably doesn't know I exist, however I've been enjoying reading the adventures of someone who has taken the next step in scale to me, and is growing her own food initially on 8 acres and now on 260 acres. 

Thanks so much Stacey for sharing the Liebster Award with me, it was a lovely surprise! x 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks. I didn't know I was your first. ;-)

    I enjoy your blog quite a lot too. :-)

    These other blogs sound interesting as well.

    I'm off to shear more alpacas and llamas today, but I promise to post something more thoughtful soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the award! I hadn't noticed you yet (but I do try to check out each follower as they join, must have missed you), but am about to click "follow" on your blog, looks like you've got an interesting concept. I wish I could grow potatoes like yours, will be looking for some tips for next season (actually I have no idea when to grow them here, still suffering climate confusion). Cheers, Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit that I'd never actually officially followed you, but have made amends now!

      Delete
  3. You are more than welcome, but have to confess again...I don't know your name...I'm sure I've seen it somewhere on here but I wasn't able to find it while linking to you sorry! Will have to check out the blogs you've shared : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, my more thoughtful response. :-)
    http://kathrynsbrain.blogspot.com/2012/05/liebster-blog-award.html

    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete