19 May 2012

Seasonal Changes

For weeks now when there have been cold, rainy days, I have been getting all depressed about being in the middle of winter, then I look out into the City Garden and realise that my beautiful crepe myrtle tree hasn't even starting turning colour yet - we're not even at winter, let alone in the middle of it... 

And yet, it's almost worth having to live through winter just to experience the beauty of that tree turning to its Autumn colours and then losing its leaves in a dump of outrageous colour all over the backyard.  And in the last week it's started.  The first hint was when the green started to go a bit dark and look slightly washed out, then every time I've looked at it after that the colour is different, until finally there will be just the berries left on the bare branches, silhouetted against the sky.  

It's become a bit of a hobby of mine to photograph the tree and sky from the back doorstep to capture the beautiful light and colour throughout the year, so I thought I'd share some of those photos here to perk myself up on this cold, grey day.  If you're in the southern climes I hope you're staying warm!







2 comments:

  1. Im eating ice cream! but I know what you mean. One of our big trees has just started to turn - late for this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're allowed to be eating ice-cream if it's homemade from your new sexy red ice-cream machine!!

    ReplyDelete